Sunday, November 12, 2023

I'm myself

 Written probably when I was in 1st year Engineering. Has an  rebellious tone.. It started then itself :-)


Let the whole world go one way

And leave me alone

I'll prefer the other way, sir

Coz I'm myself. 


Miseries and sorrows I can't bear

Hardships, I'm afraid to take

Still I've got my excuse, 

I'm myself. 


I'm myself, don't compare me with any

I'm myself, in a way of my own

Let me be wrong, let me be foolish

But sir, never mind, coz I'm myself


Inner conscience, why art thou sad? 

Don't ever think that I'll leave you

Coz e'en when the whole world turns against me

I'm not bothered, coz I'm myself


Reaching the heights, it's my job

If I want to become great, it is a task of mine alone

Coz no one will do my things for me

So why should you compare me with anyone else? 

I'm myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment