Sunday, November 12, 2023

My friend, .....

 Another rambling from a self examining teenager. Not a poem. Some thoughts. 

Written sometime in 1991. 

The world around seems so strange, People's behaviour so confusing

The people who smile at you today, the kin who laugh with you today, 

Turn away their faces when you're in trouble, 

When you just want nothing but a smile from them.


Yesterday seemed so beautiful, there were friends all around to share your dreams

Laughter, we laughed together, Songs, we sang together

And you thought the whole world was meaningful, the whole life was happy

Let only troubles come, my friends would be there, I said. 


Sorry my friend, I'm sorry, coz when I talked to you today, 

I thought you had already understood my problems, and so you'd be caring as ever

But I didn't see that caring face, I couldn't see that loving smile

But rather, I saw another casual smile from your face, 

As if it came from just another friend. 


I don't want that from you, just another person to talk to

But rather I love you to be a most loving friend

A friend who will see me in and out, at times of joy and at times of woe

Coz only true friends have the power of reading each others' minds. 


I want you to be loving, I want you to be caring

Just understand me always, and I'll be glad

Coz whenever I am in trouble, or whenever I am sad

I can come to you and find a loving and helping hand. 


Please be the same 'you' always

Wherever you are or whatever you do

Do be the same "you" always to me

Then I can count on you anytime. 


My heart has lost desire to stay

Burdened with sadness I never expected to come

If I can lean myself on you, and lay down my burdened heart before you

Yes, that's what I'll cherish the most, the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment